Monday, July 16, 2012

Post Baby Body


More Junk In This Momma's Trunk!


So my little man is seven months old today. Time flies, before I know it he will be a man! But that's not what I want to talk about today, I want to talk about me, or my body to be exact! The fact that Tyler is 7 months old means that it has been approximately 16 months since my body was “normal”. I don't think anything fully prepared me for ow much my body would change when I became a mommy! Pregnancy is the ultimate body modification!

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing – I know a lot of women feel self conscious after a baby, but fr me I feel like my body has finally matured into that of a woman! You see I was kind of boyish before. I had not much going on in the way of a butt! I had fairly small breasts and no hips to speak of! However, during pregnancy my breasts swelled to 3 cup sizes bigger and in the seven months since Tyler was born they have only shrunk one size, so I am still 2 cups bigger than before! Wahey! Instant, free, painless boob job! I have a rounder behind and my hips are curvier than before. I just feel very womanly. I don't know if I am really that much curvier or if its more the knowledge of being a mother that makes me feel all connected to my inner goddess, but whatever it is, there is definitely a much happier Lily inside this body!

Of course my tummy area is still a little more spongy than I'd like, I do need to work out more although it can be difficult to find the time, but at least I have little in the way of stretchmarks on my boobs or belly. I think in short what I am trying to say is even if your body changes after giving birth, be proud of it! After all it just created life and that's pretty damn awesome don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment